Ghent University, the Belgian partner of IMFSE, is home of the Department of Flow, Heat and Combustion Mechanics. It incorporates the research group of Combustion, Fire and Fire Safety, which has a strong research tradition in the fields of:
- Numerical simulation of smoke and gas movement in compartment fires in complex buildings
- Flame spread simulations
- Car park fire safety
- Full scale fire tests (in the facilities of WFRGENT NV)
- Real-time fire development prediction
The research group of Combustion, Fire and Fire Safety is led by professor Bart Merci. It also hosts the chair of the IMFSE coordination, led by Lies Decroos and Elise Meerburg.
An introduction video to Ghent University:
- The Ghent University home page
- The Ghent University Youtube Channel for 'Student life'
- Fire safety Journal