Academic requirements and prerequisites
The minimum graduate admission requirements are:
- A Bachelor's degree or recognized equivalent from an accredited institution (minimum 3 years full-time study or 180 ECTS credits) in civil / structural / mechanical / electrical / chemical / industrial engineering, material sciences, chemistry, physics, applied physics, architecture, urbanism and spatial planning or a related discipline.
Note: Students in their last year of a Bachelor's programme at the time of application will also be considered for admission. It is the applicant's responsibility that the Bachelor degree is obtained prior to the start of the IMFSE programme.
- Proficiency in the English language (see below)
The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and is competition-based.
English language requirements
IMFSE is an English taught programme and an English language proficiency is thus a basic requirement. Applicants must therefore provide us with one of the following certificates. The language certificate cannot be older than two years at the moment of enrollment in the programme (September).
- A recent (maximum two years old) IELTS (Academic) Certificate (TRF: test report form) with a minimum score of 6.5 (with at least 6.0 in each section).
- A recent (maximum two years old) Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) Grade B.
- A recent (maximum two years old) TOEFL-iBT (internet-based) Certificate with a minimum score of 92 (with at least 20 in each section).
- A recent (maximum two years old) Pearson PTE (Academic) Certificate with a minimum score of 62 (with at least 56 in each section and at least 61 for writing).
- A recent (maximum two years old) Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) Grade C.
- A recent (maximum two years old) Trinity ISE II Certificate with distinctions in all four components.
Applicants who have recently completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in one of the countries listed here, do not need to prove their knowledge of English.